So what is self- confidence? The following may give you an idea:
- An innate quality of certainty
- A passion for what you are doing
- Inner security
- Self value
- An expression of natural gifts
- Faith in your abilities
- Knowledge about what you are doing or speaking about
- Self belief
- Freedom from doubt
It is not:
- Acting as if you are better than others or feeling it!
- False bravado - it is a natural feeling as an outcome of something about you
- About stepping on others toes or making them feel less so you can feel more
- Based on ego
- Needing you to push others out of your way to get what you want or being overly competitive
In order to change beliefs that limit your level of confidence you need to look at what has undermined it. This can be several things:
- Teachers or parents telling you that you could not do something or were stupid
- Criticism from parents (or other authority figures)
- Being constantly disappointed
- Rejection or disapproval
- Lack of money
- Illness or stress
- Feeling that no matter how hard you try you can't achieve something
- Continuous self criticism or judgement
- Comparing yourself to others
- Guilt or self sabotage
- A sense of failure
Next, take 2 of the things you have listed and consider two ways you could accomplish them if you possessed the self confidence. Does this help you feel that you'd not only like self-confidence but that you could create it for yourself? What areas of your life would you like to feel more self-confidence? This could be in your relationships, your career, your finances, your home, self-development and spirituality, with your partner or perhaps health and well-being. There aren't really any areas of our life where we don't need to feel self-confident.
Life coaching can support you to find ways to plan and achieve your goals. It helps you to improve on your sense of confidence so that you feel more prepared and ready to fulfill them. It also facilitates you in eliminating negative thinking and deeply engrained patterns that hold you back. It is future focused so though it helps you to find why you have certain beliefs, it's main priority is to assist you in overcoming them. Life coaching supports you in becoming the best that you can be and assists you in getting on track, identifying what you want in life and going for it!
If you would like to take the Free Confidence Test to assess your level of confidence now please email me with your name requesting the test. It comes complete with tips and techniques to improve your self-confidence. You may also contact me for details of a half price coaching session to find out if you can benefit and improve your confidence through life coaching.